Thursday, August 14, 2008

Actual Cards

I know I've mentioned that I'm not a big card maker. Deanne's second blogoversary challenge was to use a provided sketch and make 3 different occasions cards from it.




For the baby card, I used my sab rub-ons, instead of ribbon, and Buggies & Booties stamp set. For the Christmas card, I used Perfect Presentation, and Holidays and Wishes. For the note card I used a rak.

When I do card challenges, whenever possible, I try and do a Christmas card. I alsways do the Christmas Card Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. Each month we do 10 Christmas cards and then by the time you go to send them out, you're either already done or you have a good start on them. So I did 10 of the Christmas card so I can add it to my challenge cards.

I love getting raks. I love opening my mail and finding them there. I love looking at how they were made and just looking at them. I do not love throwing them out or storing them. I think I have come up with a solution. I take a picture of them, so I always have them then, I keep them, until I can find a place to either use them in my scrapbooks or use a part to make another card with it.

This rak was given to me from Cheri, I love the stamp and scalloped circle. I knew I had to use it sometime, and it was just perfect for this sketch.

4 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

Great cards, Jodi!!! Thanks so much for participating!!!

Bonsignore Family said...

your cards are great! glad you were able to recycle and reuse! great ideas!

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I love that you reuse your cards to make other cards! It shares the love. :) Your cards are awesome. For someone who doesn't make cards you do pretty good!

Anonymous said...

They look great Jodi!! YOu are so talented!!