Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stuck in a Rut

Yeah, I'm stuck. I'm trying to use up stashed product. I don't usually stash but sometimes things get put aside because I've ordered new stuff and I play with that first. So for 2007 SAB I ended up with a few simply scrappin kits. At the time I figured I could get them for scrapping and altering, I'm finally getting around to using them.

My Grandmother is always on me about getting a picture of my kids. It is not an easy feat. Actually, the best description I've heard about it is a quote from a Mom on Koivu's birth board. "Yes, getting a decent picture of 4 kids, is like herding cats."

The last time my Grandmother was here, I picked up the picture that took me about 50 snaps to get. She left it here. Then I went to her place and saw how the picture of my baby boy was being "displayed" so I decided to make something for the picture.



If you notice, the outside looks remarkably like the journal I did for the teachers. This is where the rut is coming in. I wanted to get it done quickly, so that it was ready for her today and all I could do was case myself. I didn't use glitter though because my grandmother just isn't so into glitter. I actually think this might be a little much for her so I'm expecting an eye roll or two.

I used Just delightful simply scrappin kit(again), flirty ribbon, and jumbo eyelets, and chipboard book basics large.

I was surprised how easily the crop a dile went through the chipboard. The jumbo eyelets took a little bit of force though, but they look really nice on it.

Also, I can not figure out how I have two things that are the same size, I measured them the same way, punched the hole the same way and ended up with the holes in 4 different locations. I must not be as good at measuring as I think I am.

That's all for now. Still waiting for Grandma to get here but I'm all excited that I get to meet my cousin's new baby boy. Hopefully I can snap some pics of that too.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Neat idea!

Unknown said...

Super cute! And you have flirty ribbon??? I likey that ribbon!

Anonymous said...

if that is a RUT then you are just awesome!!!!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is lovely - great idea! I've just joined group 20 of SBS so am looking forward to getting to know you
Ann