Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Golf Widow's Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and while some people are spending it with their dad, or the father or grandfather of their children, we are spending it together, without dh. El wanted to go to a golf tournament this weekend and I have no problem with his golf habit so off he went.

I had this box. It was a box that El emptied but didn't throw out. I saw it and asked if he was finished with it, he told me it was garbage. I decided that I would keep it but only for 2 months and if I hadn't used it by then I would let it go. here's the box.




Also, I hadn't actually given El anything for Father's Day and he is a great dad to our kids. ANNNNNND while cleaning up, I always find all these little pieces of paper with random phone numbers on, or business cards laying around. I never have a place to put them, but when I ask if I can throw them out he says no.

With that being said, I thought the box was perfect because, it was originally his box, it is a golf ball box, and I needed a specific place to put his phone numbers. So off to more altering I went and here is the finished project.




I used Outlaw dsp, naturals ivory cs, chocolate chop cs, sage shadow cs, vintage brads, SU! scallop punch, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon.

And I must admit I do not like chocolate chip taffeta ribbon. I think it looks washed out, but it works great with the Outlaw paper.


Also, I basically cased this card for this project.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute Jodes! What a great little gift!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great Father's Day idea!

Anonymous said...

omg..this is so cute!! awesome!

Shay S. said...

Jodi, I love this! This is a great idea to keep all those little things contained. You made something out of nothing!

Anonymous said...

i lovethis Jodi!! you are so very talented!!!