Friday, November 7, 2008

October explanations and Punch Tins

Sorry I missed all of October.

Have you ever been in a position where you had so many things to do that you didn't know where to start? That was me in October. I had to make swaps for SU! Regionals and do 50 scrapbook pages, make spiders for the kids at school and get ready for Halloween. I made it but I did some serious procrastinating too.

Right now SU is offering some alterable tins. I love altering tins because they just look so much nicer when they are covered with the pretty SU! papers. I have done three of the punch tins this week. The punch tins are $4.75 each and then there are skinny silver tins that are $2.50 each.


This brings me to two confessions. 1. I start my Christmas cards in January so I have a great stockpile by the time I go to address and ship them out. 2. I always save my prettiest papers and ribbons for something that I get to keep.

I need a place to put my Christmas cards through the year and the punch tins are perfect for this. If I leave the cards out, one or more of my children will play with them.

I loooooove the satin ribbon from last year. I don't have a lot of the purely pom left. For Christmas the Holiday Harmony paper was so pretty and went really nicely with the purely pom satin ribbon. For my Christmas card holders, I decided to make them look kind of like Christmas presents. I like the clear window though and didn't want to cover it up. So for this project I got to keep my beautiful ribbon for myself, and alter a tin to make it pretty.

1 comment:

Crafting Queen said...

Great altered tins. I might have to get some of those.
Hope you got all your stuff done.