Sunday, September 28, 2008

No Mess Jack-o-Lanterns


Last night I went to Scrapping Out Loud to see their challenge for this week. The challenge is to use your felt from your stash. Soooooo I don't have any felt. I even went to look in my old craft bins and nope, nadda, zip, zero, zilch. I decided to substitute the felt for craft foam. And since I'm in panic mode about Halloween coming up again, I thought orange would make perfect pumpkins.

The sketch is from 52 weeks 52 sketches (#23). I used Year After Year for the stamp. The craft foam was from my stash and I just heated it with my heat gun and then stamped into the hot foam. I really like how it turned out. I've always wanted to do that technique but didn't get around to it until now.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Jodi! I love that layout and the fact that you substituted foam for felt....very cool,,,I don't think I would have noticed either way cause your page looks Great! Thanks for playing!

Jess said...

Jodi, I love your pg...hey since you are feltless than I feel that your foam is an okay substitute! Thanks for playing along!!

Crafting Queen said...

Really like this layout and the colours work well.

Phree said...

Fab page, it's the perfect setting for your photos.

Carol said...

dELICIOUS LAYOUT
:)

Jackie said...

Love it!

Jacqueline TresBella said...

It turned out great! I wish I could do more challenges.

Jacqueline aka Tres Bella

Unknown said...

Love the page, great little pumpkins

Paula Laird said...

Very cute, Jodi! Your foam pumpkins look great!

Unknown said...

I FOUND MY WAY TO YOU BLOG JODI & JUST WANTED TO SAY HI, LOVE YOUR PAGES!