Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chocolate with a Friend

Whew. I haven't been here but I have been scrapping. I've finished 39 layouts this month already. That's insane. The Scrapping girls on SCS are gearing up for another fabulous crop. This one is football themed, right up my alley. You should especially go there for next Friday night.

Onto the good stuff.

The challenge on Scrapping Out Loud (love the new look btw) was to do fussy cutting. I have been putting off doing these pictures because I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to do them and I was struggling with the stamp set I wanted to use.


I used Like it a Latte, wintergreen dsp, apple cider dsp, close to cocoa craft ink, ruby red craft ink, whisper white craft ink, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder.

I stamped the steam in whisper white, and then embossed it with white. Before I cut it out of the paper, I cut out little sections of the steam using my craft knife. I'm not so good with the craft knife but I like the idea behind it. Then I stamped a sentiment for a title, in white and embossed it in white. Everything else was embossed using clear embossing powder.

9 comments:

Jess said...

JODI!! I love how your pg. came out! I have always loved that stamp set! The pics are so cute and the layout looks great! Thanks so much for playing! U R awesome!

Jess said...

ohhh and I am so glad you like the new look to our blog...Melissa is the genius behind it!

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Great layout!

Jacqueline
SBS 20

Phree said...

Cute page!

Anonymous said...

ADorable! Love the pics and the little mugs with steam are so great!
So cute :D

Denise said...

Wow....love your page! Thanks for playing! (39 pages...you rock!)

Nikki said...

fab layout - boy have you been busy!

Erika H. said...

Beautiful page...I love that stamp set you used...what great colors, too.

Anonymous said...

I love this page!!! Great Job!!