Monday, July 21, 2008

Pajama Day

I know I haven't blogged in awhile, sorry. I was dealing with a mia pre-order from SU! Gotta love UPS.




I finished this page yesterday. It has been sitting there calling my name since February. This was Waneeke going to school one morning. She was so excited that she got to wear her pajamas.

One of the reasons I love SU! so much is the colour matching. I love that I can take a piece of dsp, go to the chart that tells you what colours are in the dsp, grab those colours of cardstock and make a page. I love that you can take a priceless Bella stamp and make her match the colours in the dsp, very easily.

When I started this page it was for vsbn on scs. I believe the challenge was to use some of the new gotta have it stuff that you bought but never used. I always have problems doing those types of challenges, not because I want to not use my new stuff but because I get new stuff and I use it right away. So in this challenge, I inked up my newly obtained Bella and grabbed some awesome flowers that I got for FREE from GinaK. For the title I used SU!'s Taffy Alphabet and I did the kiss technique with an itty bitty background stamp to make it look polka dotted.

And because I absolutely love getting new stuff and I did get my new stuff on Thursday, thanks to a very sweet demo. I did a card today using my pink pirouette, and my sock monkey stamp.

This was for the Dare to Get Dirty 08. We were to first pick a piece of ribbon(I had one in front of me and went with that) then make a card to go with that ribbon. I glued two strips of ribbon on some naturals ivory cardstock and then stamped my sock monkey onto it. Then I stamped a sock monkey onto another piece of naturals ivory cardstock. I ribbon pieced my monkey together. My new stuff used.....sock monkey, pink pirouette, scallop edge punch.

I really want to get better at colouring.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

love the lo! love the flowers love the bella love it all!

you made a card! YAY! not sure about mr sock monkey but you made him look cute!

Nikki said...

fab lo well done!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Love the new stuff~~ great card!!

and LOVE the LO!!

Crafting Queen said...

Great layout and a wonderful card!

Carol said...

Great LO
I have something for you please check this out

http://carol-paperplay-carol.blogspot.com/2008/07/award_13.html
:0)

Janette said...

I Love pyjama days dont you !!
Great layout....check my blog I have blog candy to celebrate a year of blogging !
Janette
SBS20

Sam Woodruff said...

I'm also not a big fan of sock monkey He gives my the Heevy Jeevies:) But yours is great.

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Jodi,

I've got an award for you on my blog, thanks for all of your nice comments on mine.

Jacqueline
Http://www.sparklescharmsandbows.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

w is too cute! (i thought i posted this yesterday...guess i am losing it!) great page,jodi!

Carol said...

lOVE THE LO and monkey's soooo cute I have an award to give you Wilde woman award please check my blog

Unknown said...

I love the monkey card.. so cute & cheeky, lol

Anonymous said...

Love the monkey!!